Last updated: May 27, 2021
This website is mindful of its user privacy and limits user data collection to a necessary minimum.
None of the data collected by the website or the game is or will be sold to third parties.
What data is collected and why
The guiding principle is to collect only what is needed. Here’s what that means in practice:
When you run the game, you might specify a player tag. That’s just so you can personalize yourself in-game, this is used to identify you with other players visiting the game. Make sure not to use your real name as it is being visible publicly.
All website-access is logged with full IP address. This is done for two purposes:
- In order to be able to diagnose security issues. Logs are kept for limited time only.
- To display a country flag next to your user name in-game. This is done to give impression of a travel to a sports event.
Web analytics data — described further in the Website Interactions section — are also tied temporarily to IP addresses.
Plausible is used here to gain insights about our page views. It is a privacy-minded alternative to typical website-analytics services. It is used mainly to count number of visits and identify sources of traffic. It does not track individual users per se and does not store any personal identifable information. On their website you can learn how exactly this is achieved.
When the game is played the server will log game events caused by user activity in the game. Such logs are used to identity and reproduce software bugs, and aid at balancing the game. Such logs are never shared publicly or transmitted to third parties without explicit consent of the player.
Cookies and Do Not Track
I use persistent first-party cookies to store preferences, make it easier for you to use our website. A cookie is a piece of text stored by your browser to help it remember your login information, site preferences, and more. You can adjust cookie retention settings in your own browser. To learn more about cookies, including how to view which cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
At this time, this site o not respond to Do Not Track beacons sent by browser plugins.
Information that is not collected
I don’t collect any characteristics of protected classifications including age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or physical and mental abilities or disabilities. You may provide these data voluntarily, such as if you include it in your player tag.
I also do not collect any biometric data.
When personal information might be accessed
Default practice is to not to access your information. The only times I might ever access your info are:
To help troubleshoot or fix a software bug.
To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding abuse of the service. In this and previous case accessing personal information while investigating potential abuse is a measure of last resort.
When required under applicable law.
Your rights with respect to your information
I apply the same data rights to all users, regardless of their location. Currently some of the most privacy-forward regulations in place are the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) in the US. I recognizes all of the rights granted in these regulations, except as limited by applicable law. These rights include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure / “To be Forgotten”. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession and, by extension, all of our service providers. Fulfillment of some data deletion requests may prevent you from using Basecamp services because our applications may then no longer work. In such cases, a data deletion request may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority. To identify your specific authority or find out more about this right, EU individuals should go to https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed, including opting out of sale of personal information. (Again: I never have and never will sell your personal data.)
- Right to Object. You have the right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. You have the right to receive the personal information I have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. You have the right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and me, is allowed by applicable law, or is based on your explicit consent.
If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact me at email@example.com.
If you are in the EU, you can identify your specific authority to file a complaint or find out more about GDPR, at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
How I secure your data
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. Any backups are stored in encrpyted form as well.
Location of site and data
This website and all the private data are stored on a server in EU.
Changes & questions
I may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices.
The text of this policy is distributed under CC-BY 4.0 and based upon Basecamp Policies created by multiple Basecamp Contributors.